Notepad is a practical text editing tool in which you can simply record all kinds of information and events. But in Windows 10, it’s a little confusing since you can’t find Notepad in the old path. To solve this problem, I’d like to share 3 most common approaches to get access to the built-in Notepad.
Find Notepad in Start Menu
1. Hit Start button at bottom-left corner of the screen.
2. Scroll down in the Start menu to find the W category and hit Windows Accessories to expand the menu. Then you can find Notepad in the list.
Create Text Document in Right-click Menu
1. Right-click at anywhere in the desktop.
2. Click New and choose Text Document in the expanded menu. In this way you can create a new Notepad document at the desktop.
Use Run to Open Notepad
1. Press [Win+R] to invoke Run.
2. Input “notepad” in the textbox and then hit OK or simply press [Enter] key. Then it will open an Untitled Notepad automatically.