In a Word document, the Celsius symbol can’t be typed in normal way, but you can still insert it from special symbols, or through keyboard shortcut. Let’s see how to do it.
Method 1: Special Symbol
1. Switch to Insert tab. Click Symbol button and choose More symbols in the menu.
2. Choose Letterlike Symbols in Subset and find ℃ in the list, then you can hit Insert to add it to your document.
3. Now the ℃ symbol has been successfully inserted. You can also insert other special symbols in the same way.
Method 2: Shortcuts
You might have seen the Character code on the last picture of Method 1. With it, you can simply type the Celsius symbol by keyboard.
1. Enter 2103 in your Word document.
2. Then press the shortcut [Alt+X]. The code will be converted to the ℃ symbol immediately.