Windows 10 offers multiple options to, no matter you need to close your PC or restart it because of a software update. Here in this post, we offer the list so that you can choose one which works best for you. Let’s take a look at them now.
Method 1: Keyboard Shortcut – [Alt] + [F4]
1. Press [Alt] + [F4] on your keyboard to wake the dialog box.
2. When Shut Down Windows appears, choose what you want the computer to do from the drop-down box, here we select Shut down toapps and turns off the PC. Do not forget to click OK at the bottom and you could also select Switch user/Sign out/Restart to complete the corresponding operation.
Method 2: Keyboard Shortcut – [Win] + [X]
1. Press [Win] + [X] on your keyboard to wake the command menu.
2. Then simply click Shut down or sign out and select Shut down in the sidebar. Here you could also select Sign out/Restart to complete the corresponding operation.
Method 3: Start Menu
1. Click Start icon at the bottom left of the screen, then hit Power icon in the left pane.
2. Then select Shutdown in the pop-up box, and here you could also select Restart to complete the corresponding operation.