If you have some brilliant tables on your computer but not in Excel format, can you import the data from them to Excel directly? In one of my previous post I’ve introduced how to convert TXT to Excel. Here I’d like to share the tip of importing the data from HTML to Excel as well.
1. Open an Excel file. Switch to Data tab and click Existing Connections in Get External Data section.
2. Click Browse for More… in the lower-left corner of the popping out window.
3. Find the HTML file you want to import in the folder, then double-click it or hit Open.
4. As suggested by the tip, click the arrow icon to select the area of data then hit Import in the lower-right corner of the window.
5. You can locate the new table at an existing worksheet or a new worksheet. Choose the location to put the data, then click OK.
6. The table in the HTML file has been imported into the Excel sheet. You can adjust it freely now.