I’ve already shared how to insert math equation in PPT, and it is the same with MS Word. If the built-in equations don’t meet the actual needs, you could edit or modify them by equation tools or even write math equation by using handwriting board, especially those with complex symbols and structures.
Tip 1: Insert Math Equation
1. Go to Insert tab, find Symbols group and click Equation button.
2. There are multiple equations in the drop-down list, then scroll down and select one of them to meet your actual needs.
3. If you do not find the specified equation under Built-In, just click More Equation from Office.com, there are always more choices for you in MS Word.
4. When the equation has been inserted in Word document, Equation Tools function will automatically appear in the Ribbon. Click Design and you can edit and modify Symbols or Structures of the equation in these two related groups.
Tip 2: Write Math Equation
1. Repeat the above steps, and click Ink New Equation in the drop-down list of Equation button.
2. The handwriting board will display on the page of Word, simply drag the mouse to write math equation. Note: If input error occurs, click the Erase button and select the error part to clear it; if identification error occurs, click Select and Correct button, then select the symbol which need to be modified, and pick the correct one in the pop-up list to replace it. If you want to re-write the match equation, click Clear button then everything in the handwriting board will be deleted.
There is clearly a bundle to identify about this. I think you made various good points in features also.
Good evening sir/ma,
I use Samsung galaxy Tab 8.0 SM T295, I can’t Identify how to write equation with it. It is not showing symbols and equation
[…] Programmatically, using MathML tools such as the Equation Editor in MS Word […]