If Windows 10 doesn’t remind you to update your system for a long time, and you still want your computer to be up to date, you might need to check the status of update services, and enable it if needed.
1. Enter services.msc in the textbox, click OK button or press [Enter] to run it.
2. Then scroll down to find Windows Update in the list on the right. Double-click it or right-click it and choose Properties in the menu.
3. Now in General tab, you can check the Service status to see if it’s Stopped. If yes, click Start to run it.
4. You can also choose the Startup type to define how your updates will be implemented. Just click the small down arrow to expand the drop-down menu, then you can choose Manual or Automatic as you like.
5. Click OK to confirm the settings.