If you are working on a paper, you probably don’t need page numbers on the first two pages (which should be description and catalog), but want to start numbering from the third page. So how to do it? Can you insert pages numbers from the middle of a Word document?
For this purpose, you can make use of the Breaks.
1. First, put your cursor before the first character in the second page. Click Layout – Breaks and choose Next Page.
2. Repeat this process. Put the cursor before the first character in the third page. Select Next Page in Section Breaks, then click Insert – Page Number – Format Page Numbers…
3. Set the Page numbering as Start at 1, click OK.
4. Double click the header or the footer of the third page, click Link to Previous in Design to disable it.
5. Then click Insert – Page Number to choose a pattern deciding where to insert the page number.
6. Now it has been applied to your document. Just delete the page numbers of the first two pages.