When editing documents in Word, sometimes we can insert some graphic symbols to make the content more intuitive and lively, like arrows with different shapes and directions. Since they can’t be typed directly like numbers and characters, here I’d like to introduce 2 simple ways to insert arrows.
Method 1: Insert Shape
1. Switch to Insert tab, click Shape button to expand the drop-down menu.
2. There are many different types of arrows with different directions, you can choose any one you like.
3. Hold your mouse to draw a shape you selected, and drag its frame to adjust the size and direction of the arrow.
4. You can also change its color or effect in Format (Drawing Tools) tab.
Method 2: Insert Symbol
1. Go to Insert tab, click Symbol button on the right of the ribbon and choose More Symbols… in the menu.
2. Change the Font into Wingdings in the popping out Symbol window, scroll down till the end and you’ll find many differenthere. Select the one you want and hit Insert button to add it to your document.