As you may have already noticed, unlike other icons, theyou put on your desktop always come with a small arrow. It can be quite annoying If you prefer a simple, clean desktop. So how can you remove the arrows from these shortcut icons?
You can try this way in Windows 10:
1. Right-click anywhere on the desktop of your computer, choose New and select Text Document in the expanded menu.
2. Open the text document and copy this code to it:
Reg add “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons” /v 29 /d “%systemroot%\system32\imageres.dll,197” /t reg_sz /f
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
attrib -s -r -h “%userprofile%\AppData\Local\iconcache.db”
del “%userprofile%\AppData\Local\iconcache.db” /f /q
3. Then click File and Save the changes.
4. Next, rename this text document as you like and change the file suffix from “.txt” to “.bat“.
There will be a dialog box popping out requiring you to confirm the change. You just need to hit Yes button.
5. Now, you can right-click the file and choose Run as administrator to open it. It will take effect automatically. Just wait for a while and all the arrows will be removed from those shortcut icons on your desktop.
Remember, you must run it as administrator, otherwise it wouldn’t work.